Dubai is an amazing city that was only built within the past 40ish years, crazy right? Dubai has become a tourist destination of the Middle East in recent years, there are so many amazing countries nearby with so much to offer! 3 Days in Dubai isn’t enough time to see and do everything, but it’s enough to do most things!
MUST do’s for 3 Days in Dubai:
Visit Downtown Dubai, walk around and go to the Dubai mall.
In the Dubai mall don’t shop. Just go to all the crazy cool attractions they’ve made inside the mall like the aquarium, waterfall and ice rink if you’re interested in seeing those.
Watch the dancing fountains at night
The best view is from the top of the Burj Khalifa looking down. Go to the burj khalifa for sunrise or for evening. I went in the evening around 9:30pm on a Sunday so there was no line. Sometimes there are really long lines so I would definitely suggest a night or sunrise tour on a weekday vs a weekend. The view with the city lights was amazing and we got to see the dancing fountain shows from the best view!
Sunrise at Fossil Rock
Wake up early, go hiking at Fossil Rock and watch the sunrise
Do a desert safari tour that includes driving your own atv, dune bashing with an experienced driver and sand boarding. There are tons of Groupons available for this so you can get a really great deal on it!
Try all the FOOD
Try Indian or middle eastern food. You’ll get a lot of amazing flavourful food for very little money.
- While at LuLu try the magic corn. It’s seriously magic.
- Try Paragon 1 AED chai and samosas – it’s a local restaurant. You don’t even have to leave your car, just honk and they’ll take your order!
- Have dinner outside (weather permitting) at Al Mallah in Satwa on 2nd of December street
- Have a shawarma
- Have fresh juice as often as possible. They’re sooo good and cheap! I had mango, pomegranate, coconut flavours and they were all amazing.
- Try a saffron chai from filly’s a franchised Cafe that’s known especially for this chai
Explore Bur Dubai
You can really get a feel of what Dubai was before it became this huge bustling city 40 years ago. You can enter shops, look at the beautiful kurti dresses and maybe even try some on. I bought one that’s so beautiful I absolutely love it.
Visit the Dubai museum
It’s only 3 AED to go inside and they have really awesome 4d exhibits that make you feel like you’re taking a stroll through history
The Marina Exhibit – makes you feel like you’re underwater
Visit the Gold and Spice Souk
Take a water taxi across the creek to explore the spice souk and gold souk in Deira
Visit the Jumeirah Mosque
Make sure you go between 10-11am when it’s open to the public
Have high tea at the Burj al Arab
It’s a little expensive but worth it for the experience!
- Aquarium at the Palm – Unless you really love aquariums this one isn’t that special. My favorite part was the huge fish tank they have but you can see an even bigger one for free at the Dubai Mall Aquarium!
- Trying to see the Palm – you’re only able to see it from an aerial view and unless your sky diving it’s not worth the time and effort to get there because there are only 3 entryways to the Palm traffic is always crazy.
- Boxcar park – I thought this was going to recycled boxcars being reused as restaurants, shops, and cafes but it was only a strip of stores in a recreated using a boxcar theme
- Wild Wadi Water Park – You can visit a water park anywhere, with only 3 days this isn’t worth the time
- Eating at restaurants downtown. They’re way too expensive! Like $18 for a beer!
FTC Disclosure: I may receive a commission for purchases made through links in this post. I only recommend products/services that I personally use and/or believe will add value to readers :) Love ya! Read my full disclosure.