You passed your interviews and are now a VIPKID teacher! Now you’ll learn how to complete your VIPKID Profile and get booked fast!
If you haven’t applied yet and I’ve helped you at all on your journey, I would really appreciate it if you used my referral code, please feel free to ask me anything! I would love to help you start earning income online!
Your VIPKID profile is the first thing parents will see when they are looking for a teacher and your VIPKID profile is what you’ll use to sell yourself, and make an impression on parents so that you can get booked quickly and start getting regular students so don’t rush this part.
How to complete your VIPKID Profile to start booking classes:
Once hired, you must complete the following within the first few days:
- Complete your tax form
- Upload 3 photos
- Write a short bio
- Upload a short video
1. Complete your tax form:
Fill in all the mandatory information:
- Federal tax classification (check only one box)
- Country, State, City, Zip Code
- Taxpayer Identification Number (either Social Security Number OR Employer Identification Number)
- Part II Certification (check all four boxes)
- Signature (type your name, enter account password, check, then click on Ensure)
- Date (automatically filled in by the system)
How to do the photos:
- 1st photo – This should be a professional headshot. No, you don’t have to go out and pay for one. Just look presentable, find a solid colored wall and ask someone to take a photo for you with your cell phone. If you have that portrait mode function- even better.
- The other two photos are “lifestyle” photos and should still be relatively professional but show you in a fun and relaxed way. Photos with children or pets usually do well as parents feel like they can trust you.
*Tips for completing your Vipkid profile photos:
- Always be smiling showing teeth, this makes you look more warm, approachable and your eyes will be smiling too.
- Wear bright colors, and show yourself having fun, laughing and being happy.
- Make sure the photo is bright and not blurry. The quality counts.
How to write your VIPKID bio paragraph:
Your Vipkid bio is your chance to really promote yourself and stand out amongst the crowd, sell yourself!
Make sure to include your educational details, teaching experience and why you’d be the best teacher for their child.
While writing your bio, you should also give them a little information about your personal life and who you are, so they really can connect and feel like they know and trust you.
Hello! My name is Teacher Naomi and I live in Toronto, Canada. I graduated at the top of my class from Ryerson University and have a Bachelor of Design. I love traveling and have been teaching English to children for more than 7 years. I have taught English in Colombia and Cambodia and I truly love teaching. I’m an energetic teacher, I love having fun in the classroom and make learning fun for all of my students! It’s so rewarding to see my students’ confidence rise as they gain new language skills. When I’m not teaching, I am cooking new recipes, working out or writing on my travel blog https://www.eatloveexplore.com. I love to sing and dance and having fun. I look forward to seeing your child in my classroom!
How to complete your 15-second video for your VIPKID profile:
Sit in your VIPKID classroom and ensure your camera is stable – use a tripod if necessary. You can also use your laptop’s built-in camera if you have access to that.
With extremely high energy you can say this script:
”Hi! I’m teacher _______, welcome to my VIPKID class! So nice to meet you *pretends to shake hands with the camera* I am so excited to be your new teacher, I’ll see you in class! Bye!”
This video in your Vipkid bio is the parent’s first interaction with you so you should be super high energy, positive, speak very slowly and clearly.
You can also talk about your interests and your experience but it should be short and sweet.
Hope this helped you complete your VIPKID profile and that you start booking classes soon! It will happen, so just be patient!
As mentioned earlier, I would really appreciate it if you used my referral code and feel free to ask me anything! Becoming an online English teacher has helped me in so many ways, I would love to help you get there too!
- 25 Side Hustles to make an extra $500
- 10 Ways to get accommodation for free
- Best Travel Jobs to travel and get paid
FTC Disclosure: I may receive a commission for purchases made through links in this post. I only recommend products/services that I personally use and/or believe will add value to readers :) Love ya! Read my full disclosure.