This is a list of things you may not have thought of. For a more detailed list see here for our post on what to pack for Cuba.
- A BIG mug. The drinks you’re served on the resort come in really small narrow cups to having your own mug will allow you to get
drunker, hydrated more quickly without having to go to the bar constantly.
- A mini speaker. Music makes everything better and your phone’s speaker isn’t loud enough to be heard on the beach, in a loud lobby or at the pool. Having your own mini speaker will greatly enhance your experience. We really regretted not bringing ours. Luckily we met some friends who had one, so it wasn’t all bad.
- Volleyball, football or any water sports balls. Our resort only had one volley ball to be shared among thousands of people. They didn’t even have a sign in or out system either so it was hit or miss to get a ball. We wanted to play volleyball a few times but the ball was no where to be found. BOO.
- Cards or dominoes. Great way to make some friends, get competitive and have some laid back fun on the beach, waiting in the airport or by the pool.
- Tweezers: You just never know when your eyebrows may need a touch up..just kidding. Tweezers are good incase you get something stuck in your skin and need help taking it out. Ours actually came in handy as Andrew stepped on a prickly thing and a barb was stuck under his foot.
- Vaseline: Sometimes your skin will get irritated from various things. Vaseline will help soothe your itchy, irritated skin.
- Extra pair of sunglasses: Somehow mine grew a pair of legs from when I took them off to order at the bar and when I got my drinks. Still missing those sunnies 🙁
- Snorkel gear: We went on an excursion that included cave swimming. While in the cave I really wished I could look down and see what was under there.
- Waterproof selfie stick: This is a no brainer, but we bought one that was bluetooth thinking it was sooo good. However, we failed to realize we wouldn’t be able to use it in the water with our GoPro which was the whole reason we bought one lol.
- Hair creme: The salt water, chlorine and constant washing your hair everyday will take it’s toll on your hair. It is even worse if you have chemically color treated hair. Bring some hair creme with your and it’ll help keep your hair shiny, soft and healthy.
- A good book. Sometimes you might find yourself alone on the beach or by the pool. Having a good book to read will definitely come in handy.
- A notepad and pen. You’ll be amazed how much thinking you can get done while lying on a beach chair, under a hut, listening to the sounds of the beach. Make sure to write those awesome ideas down! They only come when on vacation lol.
If you can think of something else to add to this list we’d love to hear about it!