As part of most all inclusive vacations your travel company will have a representative that will meet with you the day after you arrive and tell you about your flight info, answer questions and tell you about the many excursions they provide. Cuba offers many fun excursions such as the following:
$ 5-34 CUC
$$ 35-59 CUC
$$$ 60- 74 CUC
$$$$ 75 + CUC
- $$$$ Seafary Cayo Blanco Plus – Catamaran, snorkeling and swimming with dolphins
- $$$ Guama, Steam & Sugar – Ride a steam engine from the last century, visit an old sugar refinery, tour a replica of an indisginous island and visit a crocodile farm.
- $$$ Jeep Discovery Tour – Drive your own jeep (if you can drive standard), drive your own speed boat on the Canimar River, eat a typical Cuban meal on the ranch, snorkel and go cave swimming. We did this one!
- $ Veradero City Tour – Visit Al Capone’s former residence, free time at the craft market and a coacktail at the Xanadu mansion’s rooftop bar.
- $$ Snorkelling at Coral Beach
- $$$ Visit Havana – Day Tour of Havana with option to see the Tropicana show or visit a cigar factory. In my previous trip my sister and I did this excurion and it was awesome!
- $$$$ Trinidad Cienfuegos – Tour Cienfuegos and discover Trinidad a city in Cuba declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and visit a pottery factory.
- $$$ Boat Adventure – One hour adventure on a speedboat or jet ski
Excursions can become quite expensive really fast so I would suggest doing one or two and then doing some less expensive things like the following:
- Explore and walk to the city
- Rent a scooter for the day and ride through the city it’s 30 pesos for 24 hrs and 18 pesos for 2 hours so it’s more worth it to do 24 hrs. between two people that’s only 15 CUC each which isn’t too bad.
- Use the free water sports offered at the resort – Catamaran rides, kayaking, paddleboats
- Some resorts have snorkeling trips for much cheaper than with the major companies. At Solymar they offered one that was 2 hours long for 20 pesos. It included a 30 min catamaran ride out to the ocean, an hour of snorkeling and 30 mins back to the resort. If we weren’t doing snorkeling with the Jeep tour I would have definitely done this.
- Get a group together of 4 people minimum and hire a personal guide/driver to Havana. When you split the cost 4 ways it ends up being much cheaper than buying it from the hotel tourist companies
- Try a local restaurant and eat real authentic Cuban food