Dubai is an amazing city that was only built within the past 40 years, crazy right? There’s a ton of things to see and do and in 3 days you won’t be able to do it all but you will definitely be able to do a lot if you use my advice 🙂
Visit Downtown Dubai, walk around and go to the Dubai mall. In the Dubai mall don’t shop. Just go to all the crazy cool attractions they’ve made inside the mall like the aquarium, waterfall and ice rink if you’re interested in seeing those.
Watch the dancing fountains at night – best view is from the Burj Khalifa
Go to the burj khalifa for sunrise or for evening. I went in the evening around 9:30pm on a Sunday so there was no line. Sometimes there are really long lines so I would definitely suggest a night or sunrise tour on a weekday vs a weekend. The view with the city lights was amazing and we got to see the dancing fountain shows from the best view!
Wake up early, go hiking at Fossil Rock and watch the sunrise
Do a desert safari tour that includes driving your own atv, dune bashing with an experienced driver and sand boarding.
Visit Kite beach
Go to a local mall like LuLu supermarket and try Indian or middle eastern food. You’ll get a lot of amazing flavourful food for very little money.
Kochi with dahl
While at LuLu try the magic corn. It’s seriously magic.
Try Paragon 1 dhm chai and samosas – it’s a local restaurant
Have dinner outside (weather permitting) at al mallah in Satwa on 2nd of December street
Have a shawarma
– Have fresh juice as often as possible. They’re sooo good and cheap! I had mango, pomegranate, coconut flavours and they were all amazing.
– Explore Bur Dubai and get a feel of what Dubai was before it became this huge bustling city 40 years ago
– Enter shops, look at the beautiful kurti dresses and maybe even try some on. I bought one that’s so beautiful I absolutely love it.
Visit the Dubai museum. It’s only 3 dhm to go inside and they have really awesome 4d exhibits that make you feel like you’re taking a stroll through history
Take a water taxi across the creek to explore the spice souk and gold souk in Deira
Visit the jumeira mosque between 10-11am when it’s open to the public
Try a saffron chai from filly’s a franchised Cafe that’s known especially for this chai
Go to high tea at the burj al Arab if your budget allows it’s a great experience
The Burj Al Arab
Visit a night club downtown
- Aquarium at the Palm – Unless you really love aquariums this one isn’t that special. My favorite part was the huge fish tank they have but you can see an even bigger one for free at the Dubai Mall Aquarium!
- Trying to see the Palm – you’re only able to see it from an arial view and unless your sky diving it’s not worth the time and effort to get there because there are only 3 entry ways to the Palm traffic is always crazy.
- Box car park – I thought this was going to recycled box cars being reused as restaurants, shops and cafes but it was only a strip of stores in a recreated using a boxcar theme
- Wild Wadi Water Park – You can visit a water park anywhere, with only 3 days this isn’t worth the time
- Eating at restaurants downtown. They’re way too expensive!