Yes! You’ve booked your vacation and are about to embark on a one week all inclusive vacation to (we assume) a hot, sexy island!
You can bring a bit more stuff for this trip because you will be stationary, not dragging a heavy backpack around to a new location every week. So enjoy the freedom to add but don’t go overboard! Here are some tips to help you pack for your trip without feeling overwhelmed or overpacking.
- We know that you probably don’t want to look like you’re wearing the same bathing suit everyday (and in all your pics) but 3-4 bathings suits is pretty much all you need. Mix and match tops and bottoms to create different looks. I would also suggest atleast one “sturdy” suit where there are no risks of nip slips. Use this one when you book an excursion that will require more fast paced movement then just walking from your beach chair to the bar.
- 7-10 pairs of underwear and 3 bras
- 3 pairs of socks
- 2 cover ups that can also double as a sundress
- One waistbelt for cover ups
- 1 pair of cropped leggings
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 loose t-shirts and 2 tight tank tops
- 1 long skirt
- 1 maxi dress
- 1 waterproof watch
- 1 pair of earrings
- 1 long necklace
*If going to a poor country, you may want to pack some old clothes to give away to locals. In Cuba and Dominican Republic locals frequently ask for old clothing or anything you can give.
- One pair of Keds for walking
- One pair of running shoes if you think you will be doing hiking or playing sports. I brought one pair but didn’t end up doing any sports so it was just a waste of space.
- Flip flops for the beach
- One nice pair of sandals for dressing up, dinners and going out.
- Body wash/ Face wash / Lufa to scrub yourself clean. That sand can be stubborn.
- Toothpaste / Toothbrush / Floss
- Razor – Your leg hair will start to grow back faster than normal, don’t ask me why but it does.
- Deodorant / Body Spray
- Face / Body Lotion
- Nail Clipper
- Vaseline – will come in handy for skin relief
- Toothbrush Cover
- Hair conditioning creme / Heat protective spray or serum
- Bobby pins
- Extra hair ties because yours will break when you need it the most.
- Shampoo/ Conditioner
- Brush / comb
- Converter. You don’t want your straightener to die like mine did 🙁
- Smart Phone
- iPad or Kindle for reading on the beach
- iPod and headphones
- Since you’re only going for a week, you don’t really need to bring a laptop unless you are planning on blogging. Otherwise, enjoy being computer/internet free and take in every minute of your vacation and living in the moment.
- Optional: GoPro and waterproof selfie stick
- Optional: DSLR camera
- Small point and shoot camera for going out at night
- All chargers for electronics
- Cases for cameras
- Immodium/ Diarreah Pills. you never know how you’re body will react to different foods.
- Advil/ Tylenol for hangovers or any headaches, pain etc.
- Nausea Relief pills like Gravol
- Baby Powder to prevent chaffing. Painful, painful chaffing 🙁
- Afterbite for insect bite relief
This is totally based on what you normally wear and feel comfortable with. If you wear foundation, I highly suggest purchasing a sweat proof one because you will be sweating. I usually only wear lipstick, lip gloss, eye shadow, pencil liner on my bottom lashline and liquid liner on my eyelid. Bring one of each item, maybe two lipsticks. You really don’t need the whole make up studio on your trip.
- 2 pairs of sunglasses
- A good book or 2
- Notebook and Pen
- Small purse and wallet
- Beach bag
- Insect repellent
- Condoms, nothing worse than being ready and not being ready 😐
- Tampons/pads just in case your monthly friend comes unexpectedly
If I missed anything comment below so I can add it to the list!