This salad is going to change your life. It is so delicious and easy to make. Once you’ve roasted the sweet potato and squash you can set some aside to make butternut squash soup too!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 box of Arugula
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Goat cheese
- 2 TBS Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup walnut oil, or canola oil if you don’t have these use olive oil (That’s what I did!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl drizzle EVOO on squash and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well seasoned.
- Place on a baking sheet place the butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Bake until golden brown or soft.
- Set aside about 3/4 for your soup and keep the rest for this salad.
- To make the dressing just add all ingredients and wisk.
- Place arugula in a bowl. Add a few peices of your roasted sweet potato/squash mix, crumble some goat cheese and add red onion to your taste. Don’t use too much goat cheese as it is very rich and will over power the flavors.
7. Add a few tsps of the amazing dressing, mix and ENJOY!