Hi I’m Naomi!!
I’m SO excited to have you, someone other than my mom, reading my blog! Now that you’re here, I’m guessing you want some background info on this supposed travel expert, eh?
Well the truth is, I’m far from being a travel expert BUT I have a passion for travelling and photography. I’ve also gone on a few backpacking trips across our beautiful world including Europe, Central America, South East Asia and planning another for South America soon!
I was first bitten by the travel bug when I had a week off from school and work and didn’t want to waste it sitting around the house. On a whim, I booked an all inclusive vacation to Cuba with my best friend and sister, Dru, and we left the next morning. It was my first trip without my parents and my first time outside of North America. I was scared and excited – two emotions I always feel when embarking on something that’s going to challenge me and inevitably change my life.
You know the feeling I’m talking about right? It’s the same one you get every time you think about booking that trip, while you dream about it, you make excuses about why it’ll never happen and you look up flight costs everyday but never actually click confirm because you’re scared. That fear is the good kind of fear. It’s the kind of fear that sparks excitement and a fire inside of you because you know that although it’s scary, it’s going to be worth it.
I created Eat Love Explore because I want to inspire and motivate you to get so excited about your dreams that you take action and stop making excuses! Cuba was one of the best trips of my life and it’s the reason I got hooked on this whole “travel” thing.
In 2014, I married the love of my life and soon we’ll be embarking on our first backpacking trip together as a couple! After a few years of planting the seeds, I finally got him to drink the travel koolaid 🙂
I’ll also be creating travel videos/vlogs about our adventures so check out my YouTube here.
A little more about me in a quick list:
- Bitten by travel bug in 2010 on my first international trip, sans parents, to Cuba.
- PARTY TRIP.First backpacking trip: Europe – 60 days, 21 countries and 10 cities.
- ADVENTURE TRIP. Second back packing trip: Central America.
- Did all the things they said to do: Got a “real” job, got married, bought a condo.
- SOLO ADVENTURE TRIP.Got suddenly laid off from “real” job and took a solo backpacking trip through South East Asia, but my husband couldn’t get the time off from work and yes, we’re still happily married.
- Round The World adventure. Me and the hubs are planning our first backpacking adventure together!
- I want to inspire you to live your dreams and create the life you want while actively doing the same for myself.
For a more in depth stories about all of the above click here.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me a little more! Let’s keep in touch, subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on all social media @eatloveexplore.